The old popular notion that an Apple Mac does not get infected with viruses, malware, adware, and online cyber-attacks, is just a myth. To many people’s surprise, Mac machines are susceptible to online phishing attacks and malware which is also supported by the growing presence of antivirus programs targeting OS X. Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac is one such antivirus, and it offers a complete solution for all malware issues and phishing attacks.
There is no doubt that the built-in security of the Mac operating system is stronger than what we get with Windows, but if a Trojan does gain access, then there is a high probability that the system may succumb to its attacks. So there is a need for an effective antivirus that can provide much needed protection to your Mac.
Our review of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac has revealed that it is a well-designed program that has a very easy to use interface.
Multiple Scanning Options
The features included for the scan are the quick, full and custom scans that can be accessed in the form of buttons. You can perform a full system scan which, if done for the first time, takes a little longer but later full scans are completed quite faster. Bitdefender scans only the changed files or the new files that have just arrived on your Mac, which makes the scanning complete much more quickly. If there are any particular scans to be performed, then that can be achieved with the Custom scan where you can select your scan areas. A quick scan ensures protection and reveals any flaws present that may have to be dealt with. The interface is not at all complicated and a message displaying that your Mac is safe is shown at the top.
The Preference tab once hit shows the several options of the program that will work according to your needs. You can select the options where you can set rules for infected files. And you can also make the settings for the kind of scan you need, whether it’s a full scan or a scan of only recently modified or new files.
Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac has been able to score the highest among its competitors due to its high-performance ratings. It is very light on computer resources and does not make the computer lag by running in the background. This is one of its high scoring features that make it stand out in the crowd of the antivirus software.
An AV-test was conducted by German lab in June 2016, and its results revealed its superiority among other antivirus programs as Bitdefender stopped almost 100% of malware attacks.
Security and Privacy
The web protection offered by it is quite impressive, and it has the ability to prevent phishing attacks and warns of any malicious sites present. The TrafficLight extension bundled with the program provides an excellent protection during web browsing, and can find out any malicious activities.
- Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac is a perfect solution for your Mac which, once installed, forms a shield against any type of virus without having much impact on system performance.
- While doing the protection job automatically, the program does not put a heavy load resources.
- The user interface is uncomplicated and easy to handle for all types of Mac users. All the web browsing activities come under the scanner of this program that makes it safe and pleasant.
- Bitdefender Antivirus has been scoring highest in independent tests for years, and their product for Mac continues this tradition
- Other than phishing and malware protection, it does not, however, provide protection from all the malicious websites.
- Bitdefender is not compatible with all the Mac-based mobile devices.
- Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac does not have a firewall integrated into it.
- Parental controls have not been included in the program.
With the amount you shell out for Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac, you gain peace of mind thanks to its uninterrupted and quick, round the clock protection.